These classes will take place on Friday 5th June, in the TopSpec Arena and are very popular classes for competitors and spectators alike. It is a great place to spot horses who may well be future Bramham Champions!
The 2020 competition will be judged by Sue Ritchie (dressage), Les Smith (jumping), Peter Crafts (conformation) and Ian Stark (final).
Entries are now OPEN. Competitors can enter online at by clicking on the following link www.bdwp.co.uk
NB: Due to the 2019 Equine Flu outbreak we ask that all horses have been vaccinated in accordance with FEI Rules, checks will be done. This information relates to all horses including those bringing companion horses. The current FEI rules require horses to be vaccinated 6 monthly. Please refer to the BYEH Schedule for further details or call the Bramham Horse Trials office on 01937 846000.
Details of the 2020 competition are below:
|SECTION I||Dressage Test||30 marks|
|SECTION II||Jumping||40 marks|
|SECTION III||Conformation & Quality||20 marks|
|SECTION IV||Suitability and Potential||1-10 marks
(First ten horses only will be required to complete this section)
|4th||£20 (over 10 starters)|
|5th||£20 (over 20 starters)|
|6th||£20 (over 30 starters)|
|1 qualifier||1-15 starters||Subject to finishing in the top 4 placings – this is applicable where previously qualified horses are placed higher up the line|
|2 qualifiers||16-30 starters|
|3 qualifiers||Over 31 starters|
- Horses must exceed 148cm without shoes
- Open to horses foaled in 2015 and 2016.
- Saddlery: (warm-up and competition): tack as per BE Rules for Novice Dressage –snaffle bridle only. For copy check website britisheventing.com (Chapter 7). Running martingale only and front boots and martingale are optional for sections I, II and IV. However, NO hind boots or bandages of any kind may be worn in the collecting ring, warm-up area or actual class. Jumping whip only allowed (max length 75cm).
- Dress: As for British Eventing Novice Dressage Test/Hunting Dress. British Eventing / BHS approved hat and harness to be worn for all sections.
- Opening Date: 1st March 2020.
- Closing Date: 13th May 2020. In the event of oversubscription this class may be closed early.
- Wait List: Entries will be limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. A wait list will be held if necessary.
- Entries: Should be made at www.bdwp.co.uk/bru, or on the official entry form and returned to Sue Emsley, Show Secretary, The Maples, Station Road, Goldsborough, Harrogate HG5 8NT Tel: 01423 869414/07721 730957.
- Withdrawals: To be made by telephone (01423 869414/07721 730957) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 8.00pm on Monday 1st June. This ensures that we can replace from our waitlist.
- Refunds: Strictly no refunds will be given after the closing date.
- Vaccinations: Please note all horses must have a valid certificate of a 6 monthly vaccination against Equine Influenza.
- Starting Times:Wednesday 3rd June on www.bdwp.co.uk/bra.
- Conflict of Interest: within the closely connected equestrian profession, there may be times when a conflict of interest occurs. For guidance it has been determined that a conflict of interest would arise should a proposed judge have bred or owned, kept at livery, ridden in competition, or has financial interest or gain from the horse being judged.
|SECTION I||Dressage Test (60m x 20m) Arena||Marks will not be awarded for individual movements but the test will be marked for general impression and overall performance.|
|SECTION II||To be followed immediately by:||Jumping. NO time will be allowed between these sections for any adjustment to tack or rider’s dress. Maximum height of fences 0.90m (4 year olds) 1.05m (5 year olds). Fall of horse or rider or a total of three refusals will result in elimination
Note: fence height at Final 1.00m (4 year olds) and 1.10m (five year olds).
|SECTION III||Conformation (12 marks) and Quality (8 marks)||Note: following Section III, the ten horses with the highest marks will proceed to section IV. In the event of equality of marks at this stage, the horse with the higher jumping mark will be given precedence. Should this still produce an equality of marks, all horses on that same jumping mark will come forward.|
|SECTION IV||Suitability and Potential||Only the top ten horses are required for this section where they will be judged for potential international quality to make a WORLD CLASS THREE DAY EVENT HORSE. The 5 year old horses will be required to gallop one at a time. The 4 year olds will only be required to show a forward moving canter indicating they could learn to gallop with further development and maturity. It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure they present themselves in time for this section which usually takes place 10-15 minutes after the last horse.
Note: in the event of equality of marks at the end, i.e. after all four sections, the jumping mark will be given precedence. Should this still produce an equality of marks, the highest mark attained in the final section will be the deciding factor.